Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Book! "Foster Care"

I just finished writing the text of my newest book, "Foster Care."

The book is a book for foster kids by a foster alumn. Although the book's audience is foster kids, it contains practical thoughts for anyone who wants nuggets to success for their kids.

Below is the first page:

Right now, you may feel like "foster care" has been misnamed. "Foster 'care,' yeah right. Whatever." You may even have lots of other names for it.

I understand. I do. I survived the system. You will, too.

In this small book, you will get no nonsense communication about how, regardless of how you got where you are now, you can succeed and live a healthy, productive, happy life.

You will not get "pie in the sky" messages about, "If you can dream it, you can be it." Because that is simply not true.

Here you will get truth you can use immediately. And maybe if you dream it, you can be it. If not, you will still have tools to succeed, and that means living a great life!

You possess the power to create a win/win deal. Take the deal!

When I was where you are now, I wish I had such a resource. You do have it. Use it.

Please consider this little book as a conversation between us. I am writing this like I am sitting on a big, overstuffed couch talking with you--person to person.

Also, you are welcome to contact me. My contact information is: mimiparis@cox.net or mimiparis@yahoo.com.

Finally, understand that "entitlement" turns me off. If you use your story to "get by" or "get lazy," you really need to play elsewhere.

My mission is to help those who--no nonsense--look in the mirror and say....

No matter my circumstances in the past,
my life is about my choices in the present.

No comments: