Monday, August 17, 2009

~~Mojo~~


Well, it has been a long time since I have written here. Too long.

I have been very busy, wallowing in self pity. I have been wallowing in my personal losses. Wallowing is unbearably unattractive, but I could not get myself out of the funk.

I would share all the reasons (excuses, really) for my negativity, but really, would that be of value? I think not.

As of today, I am pulling out of my pity party and going someplace much more fun and productive for me and thee. Where? I don't know and I don't care to know. Knowing is highly over-rated, you know.

For some reason, I had gotten out of the habit of reading over the last few years. It is easy to do in these days of constant distraction. In my zest for "not caring to know," I created the intention of reading more.

I drove to Barnes and Noble to choose a book to get my reading habit started. After wondering around the labyrinth of bound paper and titles, I became overwhelmed and left. Great...just what I needed...another failed attempt at just "getting started."

My intention was still fresh and real, so I decided to just allow the intention to "be."

Then came my birthday. I invited a few gal pals to the house for wine and conversation...(and that will be another story!).

One of my friends (thank you, M!) must have felt my intention and brought me a book, an novel!

The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, started the fire in my belly for reading again! The book truly captivated me and inspired me to read more!

Again, knowing is highly overrated, so put your focus on your INTENTION! And stay very aware.




No comments: