Wednesday, November 11, 2009

~~Alone~~

No Help In Sight

The FBI told me that there is no evidence of a federal crime. “No duh, Sherlock. If someone were dumped in a mineshaft over 40 years ago, that would make sense. Makes one feel safe that you are an agent, Asshole.”

I contacted the state and local police. No one responded. I am in this alone. No one will or can help me. It is exhausting to think about.

But I cannot let this go. I cannot let him get away with murder. I cannot let him be buried in Jefferson Barracks Military Cemetery, while my mother rotted in a mineshaft. He always bragged about his worthiness to be buried in such an honorable place. Hardly. I cannot let that happen.

As I try to find out what happened to my mother, I find nothing. I subscribed to numerous database searchers. Nothing. NOTHING. I am even starting to wonder if my birth certificate is authentic.

My next step is to research every single digit and every single word on this age-yellowed document in front of me, “Certificate of Live Birth.”

Next Chapter: “Certificate of Live Birth.”

1 comment:

kbear said...

Perservere one step at a time. one day at a time. again, follow your instincts...coming by via Anne. will add you to my following. I hope for the best for you..