Monday, January 4, 2010

~~Boot Camp~~

I started "boot camp" this morning.

Boot Camp...they are everywhere.  You can't turn on the television without seeing people sweating or crying their asses off while being screamed at by some buff bonehead.

Why would I put myself through this?  Well, for me, the reasons are many.  One, I do want to be healthier.  But unlike many, my reasons tend to be more internally based.  I tend to be a homebody, and therefore, isolate.  Everyone knows that isolation is a component in mental and physical malfunction.

I have not done a good job of "getting out" in the last few years.  I have put my health...and even my life...on the line for others.  I found myself at the very back of the bus...maybe even being dragged behind the bus.

By forcing myself to join a boot camp experience, I force myself into the driver's seat. 

After just one excruciating session, I am feeling some of the positive effects. I feel "connected" to a group of wonderful "real" women.  I feel encouraged, as they were so kind to the only newcomer in the group.  I feel like I have new friends, and for women especially, friendships are critical.

Also....my ass hurts.... Well...as they say, "It is only kinky the first time!"

 




2 comments:

Anne said...

I thought I had done boot camp today in cleaning off my outdoors and bringing out my outdoor furnitrue. You know when you smell something and nobody else is around and you discover it's YOU.......it is truely a "moment" After a deep cleansing I felt better. Well, that and a martini! You and Tater stop by. Tomorrow is my beauty day. Anne

Lori said...

All I can say is, better you than me! lol