Thursday, April 29, 2010

~~Summer Soup~~

So...I've been craving GAZPACHO for weeks!  If you don't know what gazpacho is, you don't know what you are missing!

Gazpacho is a cold, summer, vegetable soup.



I searched the town thoroughly for some pre-made, but to no avail, so after I saved a baby's life (another story), I made my own.

Enjoy this completely "guilt-free" treat!


  • 1 quart bottle tomato juice
  • 6 large tomatoes, diced chunky
  • 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced chunky
  • 2 fresh jalapenos, diced small
  • 1/2 red onion, diced small
  • A splash of red wine vinegar
  • minced garlic to taste
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cilantro to taste 

Mix all of the above and refrigerate for at least two hours.  Serve with lemonade or a lovely pino grigio!

Enjoy!!!




 


No comments: