Sunday, January 23, 2011

~~Javelinas~~

I rarely travel...walk...without my camera, because I never know what I might come across in this amazing state of Arizona.

The other day, I was walking my piggy (my fat puggle Tater), and we came across a herd of other piggies...Javelinas.  Javelinas are really not pigs; they are in the peccary family, hoofed mammals.


Skunk Pig

I'd better hide in the culvert.

What are you looking at?


They have very poor eyesight, and are generally gentle around humans.  However, they do get exceptionally aggressive when protecting their young.  They are nicknamed "skunk pigs" because you can smell them before you see them.

I smell you; do you smell me?


Piggy chasing the puggle


They normally don't chase humans, but puggles are a different story!









No comments: