Friday, April 27, 2012

~~Road Trip Phun~~

Already exhausted from a long night prior, I set out for Santa Fe around 7:20am on Thursday. My goal was to check into the hotel around 4:30p. (Sometimes my goals are too aggressive.)

Rain kept me company on and off...mostly on...until I rain into a hail storm in Holbrook, AZ.

I was BEAT by the time I reached Gallup, NM, so I decided to make a short stop to get my energy up. I found an historic hotel/motel, El Rancho in the old downtown.

Upon entering the hotel, I knew this was going to be a special stop. Opened in 1937, El Ranch was home to many movie stars that made films in the area. Ronald Reagan, Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, Kirk Douglas, and John Wayne were among the hotel's guests.

I went into the hotel, and the sun was bright. I left the hotel, and the rain was back!

And then a dust storm before making it to Albuquerque, NM.

With wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour, I finally 'blew' into town around 6pm.

I was soooooo tired from the drive that all I wanted was room service. Not gonna happen.... but they had a restaurant.

I ordered a martini and was sent back to my room to get an ID! REALLY?!

More to come.....








No comments: