Monday, May 14, 2012

~~Fault~~

I just learned of a 24-year old woman that gave a speech in a college course. During the Q & A portion, she divulged that she was placed in foster care at the age of 4. So often we hide our pasts for fear of judgement (the world can be intensely cruel).

Also, on some level, we internalize what happened to us, thinking that somehow what happened to us was our fault.

For example, I often wonder if I was literally--physically and emotionally--abandoned because of my severe deformities.

We think that we somehow deserved this shit.

And, of course, we did not. So there.

4 comments:

REGINA said...

God doesn't make junk....we all have a purpose here on earth. yours was partly to bring awareness to this very subject. may you be ever blessed.

Missie said...

I agree with Regina.

Lainey Laine said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog and finding me MiMi. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. X

ADB said...

Thank you for sharing that very personal information, Mimi.
It's the personality that matters, not what somebody looks like. Or where they came from.

Will check back on your blog