Trust me on two things: 1) that this is the best cranberry salad ever, and 2) the directions!
STEP ONE. Ingredients.
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 3 oz package of JELL-O--cranberry, strawberry or cherry (I used cranberry.)
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained--keep the juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I like the full pulp kind)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
STEP TWO. Prepare all the ingredients first. (Chop celery. Put all measured ingredients in containers, ready to mix.)
STEP THREE. The magic!
Put the JELL-O into a bowl. Then, boil...yes...boil the orange juice and the pineapple juice (should be about a cup of liquid). I boil in a pyrex measuring glass in the microwave.
Pour the boiling juice into the bowl. Mix until the JELL-O dissolves. When the mixture starts setting up, add all the other ingredients. Stir and refrigerate.
Be amazed and delighted!