Wasting food makes no sense, so I try to make multiple meals out of an initial meal. The other day I made a simple meal of a turkey breast, a yam and that crazy good cranberry salad. The next day I boiled the carcass and put the broth in the refrigerator over night. The reason is that any fat will float and congeal, making it easy to remove. Luckily, there was no fat on the broth.
- Leftover turkey or chicken, pulled into bite-sized pieces
- Broth, from the night before
- 1 can each--corn, black beans (rinsed), and Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa--you choose
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon or more chili powder
- salt to taste
For some spicy heat...to taste~~
- sliced or chopped fresh (from your garden) or jarred jalapeño
Combine all ingredients in a pot or crockpot and heat...the longer, the better!
Garnish with fresh cilantro (from you garden) and a dollop of sour cream, and serve with gourmet tortilla chips.