Wednesday, February 6, 2013

~~Believe~~

Believing

If you are an active person, like me, being bed-ridden or otherwise nearly immobile, is a tremendous hardship--mentally, emotionally and, of course, physcially.

Before my foot reconstruction surgery, I prepared my garden. I weeded. I pulled out off the frost burned plants. I rotated the soil, raked it even and added lots of poop. I planted jalapeƱos, other peppers, tomatoes, leeks, onions, snap peas, cucumbers, radishes, oregano, cilantro and rosemary. The artichokes and the cauliflower survived the hard frost.

One week to the day after surgery...and barely into a lengthy recovery, I made my way out to the garden this morning.

The peas are popping; the radishes are rising; the herbs are healthy and happy. It is so beautiful to see and satisfying to watch.

So...though you cannot SEE growth and healing, if you just prepare and believe, it IS happening.

Prepare...leave it alone...and BELIEVE!


2 comments:

Tressa Bailey said...

so hopeful and beautiful... just like you.

MiMi Paris said...

Thank you, Lovely!!!